Friday, November 7, 2008

Wow.

I think Brandon Roy is good, but I can't tell. Maybe there is a clue in this video from last nights game vs. the Rockets.



I had the pleasure of attending the early candidate for NBA Game of the Year; last night's Blazers/Rockets overtime masterpiece at the Rose Garden.

I won't say I left the game speechless ("That was fucking DIRTY!" and "Wow!" both count as prmitive forms of speech), but my ability to form coherent thoughts that didn't end in an exclamation point was severely hampered up until about 15 minutes ago.

And thinking back on it now, I'm not sure my full range of speaking-motion has totally returned. I can still come up with only one way to describe the events that transpired during the final 1.9 seconds of that game:

WOW.

The last 2 seconds of that game took me on an emotional roller coaster that made the stock market over the past month look like a bastion of stability in comparison.

Since I'm still not quite ready to discuss this game fully, let me just give you a quick recap of my emotions, and the things the ran through my head (and out my mouth) at that exact moment:

1.9 seconds left: "Brandon Roy! Game winner! Over Artest! Suck it Rockets! You got NOTHING!!!" (Happiness: 9.7 out of 10)

0.8 seconds left: "What the shit?!?! Motherfucking Yao Ming with the turnaround jumper... and 1? You've got to be kidding. After ALL THAT. And, goddamn you, Bennett Salvatore! I knew you'd screw us in the end!" (Happiness: 0.2/10)

0.0 seconds left: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! HE MADE IT!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE HE MADE THAT!!!! "AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" Furious high-fiving ensues. (Happiness: 11.3/10)



Yeah, that was fun.

No comments: